Week 1 Day 6

So, my first week has gone pretty well. I have lost over a kilo and 2cm off my waist, and I feel pretty good.

The main things I can put that down to are that I haven't eaten anything gluten during the week, and not much carbs overall; and portion control. I've been eating along the guidelines Chrissie has set and I think it is just remembering how to eat healthily that has made a huge difference.

The coming week is going to be a bit challenging though. Not just because I am starting into the hormonal reset phase, but also because we are finally moving into our new house this Friday. That means that there will be a couple of days either side of the move where I will be eating whatever; the kitchen is one of those things you pack up last and unpack first, but even so, just finding the right stuff is challenging. I'm not sure how I will manage that just yet, but I will have to make a plan...

As far as the reset phase, I think part one will be fine. I don't drink much alcohol, so three weeks without will be relatively easy (and I'll still be able to have some wine on my birthday, which is the week after the reset finishes, yay!) The red meat might be a bit more challenging, simply because the rest of my family won't be doing it, and prepping different things at the same time can be a bit painful. O well, that's something where I will just have to suck it up and do what I can.

Part two might be a little more challenging. It's not that I add much sugar to stuff, because apart from my one in my coffee, religiously (which will be so hard to give up!), I don't, but I don't have much idea of how much sugar is added into things that I use as normal ingredients, and so I will have to do a lot of label reading. I guess the best thing is fresh prepped myself, but that's exactly where the moving house factor will be at it's height and I may not have that luxury ...

My other challenge in the next week or so will be getting the exercise in. I went for a nice long run today, although I walked the uphills, as you do. I have my boxing/fitness class on Tuesday and I will make sure I go to that - instead of packing boxes. But I really don't know when else I will be able to do something, as we will be moving things from Wednesday afternoon/evening. Hmmm, I will have to think a bit more on that one.

What I am really liking about this is that I am feeling motivated. This programme is something out of the usual for me, and I think that is what I am needing. It doesn't matter that the rest of my life is crazy busy, I want to fit this in. That is a really good feeling; that I am being challenged and I am feeling that I can beat those challenges. I think it's worth it just for that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Re-entry day 2

Week 1 Day 2

Reset phase part 7 day 2