Week 1 Day 1

I'm not going to post every day, but while I'm getting started, it's probably a good idea.

So, a bit of context for those who are not 'hormonal to hot' - hopefully I might have some other readers out there as well. 

I am a mother and wife, a teacher, a girls' and women's coordinator for the local cricket club, a keen mountainbiker who hasn't had the chance to ride this year, and a sometime fit and healthy person who writes a blog (this one) to keep myself motivated. I am post-natal and peri-menopausal, so my hormones don't know if they are coming or going, literally. I am also in the last stages of a house build; we move in in ten days. As I said in yesterday's blog, at the moment I am stupidly busy, and I am not able to do everything all at once, so I have taken an opportunity which has come up to kick start things on the health and fitness front again.

Enter Chrissie

More than weight loss or fitness, what I want from this six week course is to find that right mental space again where I can be positive about what I am and who I am. At the moment I don't feel like I do; it is out there, but I can't reach it by myself.

So today I began the course. I mostly did good with my eating, but I hadn't finished all the Easter chocolate up, so I might quietly have done that today. I think the biggest challenge nutrition-wise will be the water intake. I actually don't think I can drink that much! I wonder if there is a pro-rata amount for those of us whose legs are neither hollow nor very long. (I'm 156cm, 5'1 in old money)

Next I need to know if boxing counts as cardio or resistance training. My fitness class has moved into winter mode with the end of daylight saving, and so bootcamp has become boxing. I do know that tonight's class was hard. 

And I am tired. Chrissie talks about adrenal fatigue, and I am totally there. My other plan for this course is that even if I am not able to kick all the stresses in my life, I will be able to deal with them better, and I will be able to feed my body and my mind the things they need to do that.

So to finish for today - 
3 workouts for this week: boxing tonight, a run on Thursday when the blue small person has cricket training, and a run on the weekend.
3 challenges for this week: no chocolate, don't stress about all the unfinished stuff in the house, water!
3 gratitudes - that I am doing something, that my family support me, blue skies in April.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Re-entry day 2

Week 1 Day 2

Reset phase part 7 day 2